11/18/2013

If I Could Be A Star

Be a Star in the Shower as well as on the Stage of Life

If I Could Be a Star
by Dave Nabrotzky, Mialisia Executive National Designer


One of my favorite Mialisia memories was “making” our incredible Founder and CEO sing a song on the spot with no notice at our Nashville Boot Camp a few months back. She reluctantly agreed as long as I promised not to record it and post it all over the internet. So I honored that and didn't record…but that doesn't mean that I still cant tell the story all over the internet, right? (wink)

Let me set the stage…

About 15 years ago, I went to a show called "NunSense" and Annelise sang this and it was absolutely incredible. Most don't know she graduated in Music, Dance, Theater and is overflowing with talent in these areas. 


Anyways...I cant find any actual footage of Annelise singing this song but I will play a snippet from the play and you can all imagine Annelise belting the words out with passion! The play shares some humorous thoughts that nuns have but cant say out loud. What I love about this part/song is the message that deep within all of us...we want to be a hero or a star. We have big dreams. But we often allow life and our fears and insecurities to bottle us up in our comfort zones. 

May each of you strive to recognize that we are the ones that control our limitations and expectations. So stop filling your mind with all the "nunsense" and decide today, right now, that you will follow your dreams and make something even more out of your life. You can do it! Take the stage and give it a try. Don't let life pass by leaving the song of your heart to be unsung! Stop worrying about how you will look if you stumble. Don't worry about not being perfect! Just stand up and sing! You may doubt the decision each step along the way from your chair to being on the stage...but once you are there...and you leave your inhibitions behind...and sing with the confidence you do when you are in the shower alone and think no one else can hear you...then you will hear music that you never knew you even had inside of you. You see in the shower...you are comfortable...no one to mock you. Besides....I can't hold a single note but even I sound good singing in the shower. Enjoy!




No comments:


Post a Comment



No comments:

Post a Comment